Wednesday, 10 September 2014

What I Ate Wednesday | A Day Of No Fruit

 
 
And in a blink of an eye it's Wednesday again! It's so cliché but how the heck does it happen each week? 
 
I'm back in the swing of normality here, back from hols, back to work, back on the school runs - you know the deal.  I have to say I'm quite enjoying it though.  Give me another week and I'll be screaming out for another holiday. 
 
As it's Wednesday let's crack on with #WIAW    
 

Breakfast

Like I said, I'm back to work now so my mornings are kinda rushed.  I don't have to be outta the house super early or anything but I just like to faff about  take my time in the mornings leisurely showering and doing my make-up, making Mini Greenoids lunch, maybe a quick play on Farmville on my iPad (there's no maybe about it, I have to have a quick fix in the mornings before I'm ready to go!) 
 
Work comes to me, in the form of kids getting dropped off at my house.  They all arrive around 8am so once they're here I can pretty much forget about doing anything else.
 
Whilst shopping the other day I was browsing the 'healthy' section and saw these Nakd. bars and thought I'd try them.  I bought 1 in each flavour including Cocoa OrangeApple Pie and Banana Bread.. I think they're all wheat and daily free and some of them, like the Cashew Cookie are gluten free too. 
 
I had the Ginger Bread this morning which was really tasty.  I'm not normally a fan of so called health bars as I tend to think they're not really as healthy as they say they are but I quite like these.  They are simply nuts and fruits cold pressed with no added sugar or syrups.  That's gotta be good, right?  
 
 What do you think of so called health bars? 
 
  

Lunch

 Oh wow, lunch was a stressful event at my house today.  I'd forgotten what it was like trying to actually make myself something to eat with little children and babies to look after!
 
I've returned to my faithful, trusty avocado and tomato on toast.  This week I served it slightly different.  I'd roasted a load of tomatoes in the oven with balsamic vinegar, Worcester sauce, squeeze of honey and olive oil.  Normally I blitz this up and use it as a pasta sauce and add veg or chicken but this time I thought I'd use it on my toast.  I didn't blitz it up first and just placed on my amaranth/quinoa toast with slices of avocado, bit of cheese on top and under the grill.
 
 

Tea

This tea was delicious! It was some of my blitzed up tomato sauce with pasta with chargrilled courgettes and peppers.  I served it with 2 small slices of garlic baguette.  I love garlic baguette, it's one of my real guilty pleasures and could happily eat the whole thing but I controlled my urges today.
 

What are your food guilty pleasures?
 


 
 
 
It was only writing this I realised I hadn't eaten any fruit today.  There was probably a little fruit in my Nakd. bar but no actual fruit. 
 
Do you get a lot of fruit in your diet?
 
 

 
 
 

7 comments :

  1. Aside from the stress--your lunch sounds so delicious!! I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delish - now if only I can get the kids to be quiet so I can enjoy it in peace :)

      Delete
  2. I honestly don't think I can go a day without fruit!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I could! I was eating loads a while back and tried to cut some out (to try & cut out a bit of sugar) & opt for veggie snacks instead but I really struggled!! Then when I don't even think about it I do it - always the way hey ;)

      Delete
  3. What brand of bread do you use? I need a recommendation!! Also the roasted tomatoes on avocado toast - girl YUM! Your eats look awesome! Way to rock WIAW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Biona Organic. They do loads of other yummy ones too like chia & flax and pumpernickel. I love them all :)

      Delete
  4. I have a bunch of nakd bars and I'm not a fan of them since I do keto, so if you're up for a bar trade of some sort, let me know!

    Like this post, so I'm going to follow you via bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment... I love hearing from you xoxo